Devoting yourself to your job can be an incredibly rewarding experience—but sometimes that means letting your physical health take a back seat to your career. And while that may work out in the short run, you’re only going to run into problems if you keep that up forever.
So to avoid that, here are 12 ways you can easily incorporate healthy moves into your daily office routines—and prevent your body from falling apart.
- You might’ve heard that standing desks are getting trendier, and it’s for a good reason. More and more people find that sitting for 40 hours each week isn’t great for them. (Lifehacker)
- Or you could start easy: Being conscious of physical health at work can be as simple as taking stretch breaks every now and then. (Shape Magazine)
- If you’re interested in living a more nutrition-conscious lifestyle, take a look at ways you can start eating better in the office. (SELF)
- The Mayo Clinic offers some tips and tricks on office ergonomics, so you don’t have to worry about getting a sore back or hand cramps by working in uncomfortable ways. (Mayo Clinic)
- Eyes getting dry or tired? Extra steps such as taking breaks or blinking more frequently can prevent eye strain. (Vision Source)
- According to Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York City, putting in the time to take the stairs instead of the elevator is a fitness option that’s almost always available. (The New York Times)
- Snacking more and snacking right can be better for your health and metabolism. (SnackNation)
- If you’re a creature of habit, then try developing a daily walking routine to “boost productivity, focus, creativity, or sanity.” (Fast Company)
- An easy way to schedule some walking into your busy day would be do it during your meetings. (HBR)
- Something as basic as water intake can also have huge effects on your physical health. Ask yourself this: Are you staying hydrated? (Greatist)
- Meditation can also do wonders for any stress, tension, or sluggishness you may feel. (She Takes on the World)
- And, if you have the time and flexibility at work, you can always schedule in a workout during the day once or twice each week.
ARE YOU IN NEED OF TOP TALENT NOW? Don’t have the time to spend nor available bandwidth to look for your company’s perfect match? Does this leave you with projects undone, unable to launch new initiatives or deliver desired output, let alone to grow your profits? Is your hiring process stalled and limping along with unfilled requisitions? Discover the ease and satisfaction of partnering with experts whose ONLY mission is to accomplish laser-focused search and to acquire top-tier skill on your behalf, each and every day! Contact us at 415-234-0707 ext. 5 or email at email@example.com Find out what a customized service SAVES you in TIME, MONEY and RESOURCES!
ARE YOU TODAY’S TOP TALENT LOOKING FOR A NEW ROLE? Do you want assurance that you are represented by the best and have opportunities open to you within exceptional workplaces? Have you heard that being presented by a boutique search firm is the edge you need to get in the door and have your opportunity to shine? Contact us at 415-234-0707 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org – http://www.SuperianSources.com